This is an image of Wilson's response on 1/1/2008 to someone asking how to transfer his software to a new owner:
Below are the stipulations that must be met in order for a person to be able to 'sell' his or her program to another:
- The previous owner must have purchased the software from Wilson.
- The new store owner must continue doing business under the same store name and address. (Elsewhere on the website the requirement to also use the same phone number is stated.)
- The transfer must be completed "within 30 days (from today)". Is that 30 days from the time the new owner reads his website page? Unlikely. It might mean 'within 30 days of the sale of the business' - an additional gotcha because in the normal course of business, it might well be beyond 30 days of the business sale that transfer of software is discussed much less completed.
- 'Support not available if not completed in 30 days' More likely, the person wanting the use the software will be forced to pay full price for the software.
- Even if all of the qualifications are met, the new user must fork over $250.